In this conversation, I chat with my colleague and former PhD student Dr Mitchell Turner on the relationship between sleep and tennis performance.
Mitchell is a researcher in the Systematic Profiling in Neurological Conditions (SPIN) team at Edith Cowan University and a sleep consultant at Melius Consulting. Mitchell’s educational background includes exercise and sports science, strength and conditioning and sleep science. Mitchell has recently completed his PhD thesis, which aimed to understand the impact sleep-wake behaviour and chronotype have on match-play and physical performance of tennis players. He coordinates light therapy trials to improve sleep and reduce fatigue for people with neurological conditions. He has established international collaborations, published numerous peer-reviewed publications and presented at international conferences and invited seminars. Mitchell is passionate about sleep, chronobiology, physical performance and data science. He is a former tennis player and coach but is now focused on improving the performance of others through sleep and chronobiology interventions and education.
Connect with Mitchell
- Research Gate
- Email: email@example.com
Check out our sponsor, LMNT. Click here to order and get a free LMNT Sample Pack when you order.
- The LMNT Sample Pack includes 1 packet of every flavour.
- This is the perfect offer for anyone interested in trying all our flavours or wanting to introduce a friend to LMNT.
- This offer is exclusively available through VIP LMNT Partners – you won’t find this offer publicly available.
- This offer is available for new and returning customers.
- They offer refunds on all orders with no questions – you don’t even have to send it back!