In this episode of Sleep4Performance Radio, we welcome Bec Johnson and Paul Blackbeard. Returning as co-host for her second appearance on S4P Radio, Bec is the CEO and co-founder of the Type 1 Diabetes Family Centre, in Stirling, a non-profit that connects, supports and inspires people living with type 1 diabetes. Diagnosed with type 1 in 2001, Bec believes there are no limits to life with diabetes, and is undertaking a solo crossing of the 19.7km Rottnest Channel, the Port to Pub 25km Ultra and a double-crossing of the Rottnest Channel in February, March and April 2020. Her campaign, Life without Limits, aims to raise $85,000 for the Type 1 Diabetes Family Centre.
With a range of board, senior management and strategic roles; Paul Blackbeard is Chairman of Echo Community Services, Owner of Argil International and Co-Founder of Zuberant Life. Additionally, Paul is a passionate swimmer who has achieved multiple records and been ranked number 1 in the world in 3 different water sports. In 2015, Paul was named as one of the 50 Greatest Watermen in Open Water Swimming History. In this episode, we cover all things Open Water Swimming including the Rottnest Channel Swim, training and motivation, diet and nutrition, strength and conditioning, recovery and more!
You can follow Bec on LinkedIn and Facebook. You can follow her Life without Limits swim campaign here and donate here.
Follow Paul on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook
Recommendations and readings discussed throughout the episode:
- Paul’s free application – https://apps.apple.com/au/app/wisdom-circle/id1296239401
- BOHO beautiful yoga channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/cexercize/featured
- Swimming Strong eBook – https://www.formidablestrength.com.au/ebooks
- Bowflex Machine – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMVDhv-c5Mg
- S4P Radio previous episode feat. Bec Johnson – Diet and Performance as an Endurance Athlete with Type 1 Diabetes