In this episode, I talk with Professor John Lesku
John is interested in most things related to sleep. Using behavioural observations, accelerometry for remote monitoring, and neurophysiological recording techniques, he seeks to provide insight into how sleep and sleep functions have evolved in different types of animals, from flatworms to birds and mammals. He also studies how ecological factors (e.g., predation risk, reproduction) influence the amount, composition, depth, and timing of sleep. Most recently, these interests have expanded to include how anthropogenic pollution influences sleeping brain activity in mammals and birds.
Connect with John:
- Website – leskulab.org
- Email: J.Lesku@latrobe.edu.au
Check out our sponsor, LMNT. Click here to order and get a free LMNT Sample Pack when you order.
- The LMNT Sample Pack includes 1 packet of every flavour.
- This is the perfect offer for anyone interested in trying all our flavours or wanting to introduce a friend to LMNT.
- This offer is exclusively available through VIP LMNT Partners – you won’t find this offer publicly available.
- This offer is available for new and returning customers.
- They offer refunds on all orders with no questions – you don’t even have to send it back!