In this episode, I talk to Professor Theresa Jones. Her main area of research is in the field of behavioural ecology, with a particular focus on understanding the causes and consequences of variability in mating systems, the role of chemical cues, and, most recently, the impact of artificial night lighting on individual fitness and community structure.
She completed an undergraduate at the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine (UK) and a PhD at the Institute of Zoology (UK). During her PhD, she spent a year at the Instituto Evandro Chagas in Belém, Brazil, conducting field observations and experiments. She commenced postdoctoral research in 1999 at Uppsala University (Sweden), exploring alternative male mating strategies in vertebrate (the ruff, Philomachus pugnax) and invertebrate (Hawaiian Drosophila) lekking species. In 2001, she was awarded a Royal Society Travelling Fellowship to conduct research at the University of Melbourne.
Check out our sponsor, LMNT. Click on the link to order and get a free LMNT Sample Pack when you order through the custom link below. Key details:
- The LMNT Sample Pack includes 1 packet of every flavour.
- This is the perfect offer for anyone interested in trying all our flavours or wanting to introduce a friend to LMNT.
- This offer is exclusively available through VIP LMNT Partners – you won’t find this offer publicly available.
- This offer is available for new and returning customers
- They offer refunds on all orders with no questions – you don’t even have to send it back! http://drinklmnt.com/sleep4performance